We have a unique opportunity hence the short notice, as you know we normally like to give you as much notice as possible to book your diary and we were not planning to hold an event in August as we close for the summer.
Many of you may be familiar with text to voice apps on your GPS or voice apps on your phone and some of you may already be using SIRI or Amazon Alexa or the Galaxy S Voice.
You may even developing apps using the the Google Voice API. Now that these tools are accessible outside the labs of large technology companies like IBM etc, we can expect the number of apps to grow in the thousands and a whole spurt of innovation. Come and Discover what Voice could mean to you?
We have a unique opportunity to have a leading speaker from the US to come and give us a talk on Voice Technology and where it is headed. So if you are interested in being the first to know how Voice will change the user experience and create a whole host of new applications and reserve a place in your diary.
- Voice Technology New Frontier: What Does It Mean for Design?
- A Brief History
- A Brief Demo
- Design Limitations
- Specific design challenges
- How to work within limitations
- What Audio Assistants are bad at
- What Audio Assistants are good at
- What does the future hold?
- If you are involved in Voice Technology, please do drop me a note on [masked]
When you booked to attend an event at our Meetup here are some T&Cs
Please take a few moments to read all the following information carefully:
1. Admission is on a first-come-first-served basis for those with tickets. Not everyone who books uses their ticket, so, to ensure a full house, we offer more tickets than there are places.
2. We recommend you arrive and take your seat at least 10 minutes in advance of the advertised start time. If you haven't checked in by then we may offer your place to those waiting for returns.
3. We will have your name on the door but we suggest you keep this confirmation for your records.
4. We cannot guarantee admission to latecomers, so please make sure you arrive promptly to avoid disappointment.
5. We film, photograph and (occasionally) live-stream most of our events. By attending this event you accept that you may appear in our photo/video as a member of the audience. 6. If you need help with access please let us know as soon as possible. We generally pick locations that are access friendly.