First Up: Creative entrepreneurs on breaking through
A series of lunchtime talks from the creative minds at the forefront of Irish culture, science and the arts.
The unique individuals in the First Up series believed in an idea and did everything possible to make that idea work. They invested in their own talent and creativity in order to create a career or lifestyle suited to their vision and personal aspirations.
The speakers will tell their own stories from the beginning, how they developed their ideas and will share their plans for the future.
Here's a rundown of who you'll be hearing from and where (SGD = Science Gallery Dublin, and TLRH = Trinity Long Room Hub), and links to book:
- WED 26.11.14 13:00 - James Morris, founder of Windmill Lane Post Production (at SGD)
- WED 10.12.14 13:00 - Nialler9, music blogger and writer (at TLRH)
- WED 14.01.15 13:00 - Aisling Rogerson, co-founder of The Fumbally café (at SGD)
- WED 28.01.15 13:00 - Mary Nally, independent curator and director of Drop Everything (at TLRH)
- WED 11.02.15 13:00 - Cathal Gaffney, co-founder of Brown Bag Films (at SGD)
- WED 25.02.15 13:00 - Una Molloy, founder of Turning Pirate (at TLRH)
- WED 25.03.15 13:00 - Avril Stanley, founder of Body & Soul (at TLRH)
- WED 08.04.15 13:00 - Dorothy Cross, Visual Artist (at SGD)
- WED 15.04.15 13:00 - Niall Sweeney, designer, & Rory O'Neill, drag queen and author (at SGD)
- WED 22.04.15 13:00 - Moya Doherty, co-founder of Riverdance and Tyrone Productions (at TLRH)
First Up is a collaboration based at Trinity College Dublin between the M.Phil in Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship, Science Gallery Dublin and Trinity Long Room Hub.