First Up: Creative entrepreneurs on breaking through
A series of lunchtime talks from the creative minds at the forefront of Irish culture, science and the arts.
The unique individuals in the First Up series believed in an idea and did everything possible to make that idea work. They invested in their own talent and creativity in order to create a career or lifestyle suited to their vision and personal aspirations.
The speakers will tell their own stories from the beginning, how they developed their ideas and will share their plans for the future.
Here's a rundown of who you'll be hearing from and where (SGD = Science Gallery Dublin, and TLRH = Trinity Long Room Hub), and links to book.
See all events here.
- WED 25.01.17 13:00 - Aoibheann MacNamara and Triona Lillis, founders of The Tweed Project (at SGD)
- WED 08.02.17 13:00 - Cathal Garvey, biohacker, solution architect and data scientist (at SGD)
- WED 22.02.17 13:00 - Sinead Burke, creator of minniemelange.com (at SGD)
- WED 15.03.17 13:00 - Graham McLaren and Neil Murray, directors of the Abbey Theatre (at SGD)
- WED 22.03.17 13:00 - Linda Doyle, director of CONNECT (at SGD)
- WED 05.04.17 13:00 - Lynn Scarff, director of Science Gallery Dublin (at TLRH)
- WED 19.04.17 13:00 - Sharon Greene, founder of Queens of Neon (at TLRH)
- WED 03.05.17 13:00 - Katie Holly, managing director of Blinder Films (at TLRH)
- WED 17.05.17 13:00 - Emily Robyn Archer, artist and founder Cre8 Sustainability (at TLRH)
First Up is a collaboration based at Trinity College Dublin between Science Gallery Dublin and Trinity Long Room Hub.