FIELD TRIP DAYS AT SCIENCE GALLERY
Science Gallery Dublin runs numerous exhibition and education programmes each year that have strong connections to Second Level Junior and Senior Cycle STEM and arts curricula and have an innovative and engaging approach to future facing STEAM themes.
However for many schools, a visit to Science Gallery Dublin is difficult or not at all possible for a variety of reasons, including the expense of the provision of transport and the cost of the excursion.
In 2016, with the generous support of Google through their Field Trip Days initiative, Science Gallery Dublin welcomed over 4000 second-level students and their teachers from all over Ireland to experience our dynamic exhibitions free of charge. We are delighted to announce that with continued generous support from Google, we are again able to offer Field Trip Days to Irish secondary schools nationwide in 2017.
Information for arranging a visit:
- A Field Trip Day includes an interactive talk and exhibition tour with hands-on activities for students at Science Gallery Dublin, with an average visit lasting 1.5 to 2 hrs, and programmes that can run between 1 to 3 hrs depending on requirements and group size
- Each exhibition is different, content is targeted at 15 to 25 year olds but is typically suitable for students from first year up. Find out more about our 2017 exhibitions here
- Schools can schedule a visit to Science Gallery Dublin from Tuesday to Friday between 10:00 and 16:00 when exhibitions are running during the school year
- Schools are encouraged to make the most of their visit by including optional extras like a tour of Trinity College Dublin and/or lunch in the Trinity College Dublin dining hall (not covered but discounted)
- Science Gallery Dublin will also provide pre and post visit information for use in the classroom to get the most from your visit
To apply for a Field Trip, fill in the form below. DEIS schools will be given first preference. For any questions, please get in touch with email@example.com